What It Is
The Battle Coliseum is where Heroes meet in glorious battle to prove their martial might over all others. Several heroes are dropped into the Coliseum to square off under a time limit, slaughtering each other mercilessly until the clock runs down. Points are earned by landing the killing blow against the other heroes, with the winner being the hero with the most amount of killing blows when the match concludes!
How It Works
To start a match in the Coliseum, speak with the Battle Master in town. This will bring up the PVP Menu that will allow you to see how many Coliseum Tokens you currently have, and to find a match.
Please Note: The Battle Coliseum is available to players playing on a class at level 20 or higher.
Paying the entry fee will find you a match with other players who are also ready to throw down. Coliseum Tokens automatically replenish over time or can be purchased via the Shop.
Once the match has started, your goal is simple: Get kills. Each time you land a killing blow against another hero, you earn a point. The player with the most points wins 1st place, with all other receiving appropriate rewards.
Rewards & Ranking
Once the match has concluded, the points will be tallied and rewards will be granted out.
- If players are tied for Killing Blows, Deaths will be considered. Less Deaths will result in higher placement.
- If players are tied for Killing Blows and Deaths in a match, tie rules apply. Ties are handled as follows:
- If all players tie in a match, all players receive 4th place rewards.
- When multiple players tie for 1st place, each of those players receive 2nd place rewards.
- When multiple players tie for 2nd place, each of those players receive 3rd place rewards.
- When multiple players tie for last place, each of those players receive 4th place rewards.
Players will also earn points towards their PVP Rating, which determines your placement on some PVP Leaderboards. The rating players will earn is based upon their placement at the end of a PVP Match:
- 1st Place: +2 Rating
- 2nd Place: +1 Rating
- 3rd Place: +0 Rating
- 4th Place: -1 Rating
- In addition to the above, when all four players in a match are tied at the end of a match, all players receive -1 Rating
For a more in-depth breakdown as to how each Class, Skill, and Skill Rune handles in the Battle Coliseum, please see this post on the forums: Battle Coliseum / PVP General Guide